Do your life’s best work. Search for a job now.
Reporting to the President & CEO and working closely with the entire team, the Director of Business Development is charged with expanding Petrosoft’s business by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contracting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Assists sales team by screening business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Assists with closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending industry events.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Acts as a representative of company with integration with different partners; works with partners to increase synergy; work with mutual customer bases.
- Takes ownership of technical projects to assist with driving technical projects forward.
- Develops, coordinates and implements plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
- Develops proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
Additional and/or Specific Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid documentation skills.
- Must be highly organized – demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with laser focus on detail as well as proven project management experience with ability to establish and meet objectives on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable and confident using technology as an integral part of the sales process, with particular experience using CRM’s.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment.
- Prospecting and Closing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
Required Education & Experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, IT Security, Computer Information Systems or Client Relationship Management. An MBA is highly preferred.
- Strong technical background with the ability to create, read and implement highly technical documents.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Experience working in SaaS companies, especially in garnering new business.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Call Center Noise.
- Medium to heavy phone exposure.
- Repetitive Typing.
- Possible international travel is involved up to 30% to assist CEO with new business opportunities.
- Other travel is involved to represent Petrosoft at trade shows and other industry conferences.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.