Do your life’s best work. Search for a job now.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The Director of Marketing oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively approaches marketing and anticipates issues before they arise.
- Flawlessly executes marketing programs.
- Tracks and ensures Marketing KPIs are met or exceeded, delivering weekly debriefings.
- Tracks direct and channel sales marketing programs.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the marketing department.
- Reviews marketing talent’s daily reports.
- Provides the Marketing team with daily debriefings about program results and risks.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure clear and concise communication.
- Consults with HR to manage recruitment of marketing team members.
- Acts as representative with the media.
- Coordinates the appearance and branding of all print and electronic materials such as letterhead, logos, brochures, etc.
- Ensures articulation of desired image and position, assures consistent communication of image and position through the organization, and assures communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Develops, coordinates and oversees programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Leads projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develops short and long-term plans and budgets for marketing and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Works with remote marketing staff to deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Maintains a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Works closely with marketing staff to develop professional growth.
- Manages and delegates to team and follows up on results, coaches for success and identifies opportunities.
Additional and/or Specific Skills:
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong Technical Marketing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with attention to detail.
Required Education & Experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field from an accredited university.
- 7+ years of marketing experience.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience working for a technology and/or start-up company.
- Experience executing a wide variety of marketing programs.
- Experience managing marketing teams and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with media, printers, tradeshow, and creative vendors.
- Experience in digital marketing.
- Experience working with marketing technology including CMS, CRM, marketing automation, and spreadsheets.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Light to Medium phone exposure
- Repetitive Typing.
- Travel to Tradeshows
- Travel up to 20%, to assist with tradeshow visibility.
- Clean driving record is required for travel purposes.
Direct supervision and management of Marketing Department.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.