Do your life’s best work. Search for a job now.
The Product Manager develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, customer and end-user support, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction and developing marketing strategies. This product manager will manage the food ordering system product line.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and development.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing and operations.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Competes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning resources; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by orienting and training employees.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures customers are implemented correctly and provide support to those customers through follow up calls and act as an advocate for those customers.
- Drives product to the market by ensuring the stability of the product and certification steps are complete.
- Owns product roadmap, resource planning, and Go-To-Market Strategy that leverages current opportunities and help increase marketshare and market awareness.
Additional and/or Specific Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid documentation skills.
- Must be highly organized – demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with laser focus on detail as well as proven project management experience with ability to establish and meet objectives on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong technical background.
- Food Service professional experience.
- Ability to understand food costing, margins, cost accounting, etc.
- Product development experience.
- Fluent in English.
Required Education & Experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of successful experience working in a food profession.
- Ability to provide product demonstrations and configure software tools.
- Quantitative and business analysis skills.
- Project management skills.
- Proficient in relevant software applications.
- Retail industry knowledge is helpful.
- Linux experience a definite plus.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Call Center Noise.
- Medium phone exposure.
- Repetitive Typing.
- Travel up to 20% to meet with customers and attend training and development conferences.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.