Do your life’s best work. Search for a job now.
Reporting to the Director of IT and Service Operations, the Technical Support Manager will lead a group of Support Engineers, Warehouse employees and Field Technicians.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Tier II Support Engineers work towards goals and comply with support processes and SLA agreements.
- Drive ticket resolution by monitoring progress through our CRM.
- Work with HR Manager to hire, develop, and grow the technical support team to retain our best talent.
- Continuously improve support team processes by working with VP of Operations.
- Effectively triage support tickets and exercise good judgement based on issue severity.
- Lead projects within the technical support group.
- Demonstrate support ticket resolution best practices for the Support Engineers and handle cases for at-risk accounts.
- Use analytical techniques to efficiently resolve complex issues.
- Interact professionally with customers ranging from C-level executives to IT staff.
- Positively represent the company and develop goodwill in all customer interactions.
- Run reports to be an effective member of the leadership team to collaborate best practices.
- Manage warehouse operations including inventory and inventory levels.
- Manage Field Technicians and ensure that work is being completed as scheduled.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during system upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and other department managers.
- Meet regularly with the Director of IT Services to collaborate.
- Develop workflows and standard operating procedures and best practices, including written protocols and guidance to IT staff and end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsource, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional and/or Specific Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid documentation skills.
- Must be highly organized – demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with laser focus on detail as well as proven project management experience with ability to establish and meet objectives on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment.
- Experience with Domains/Domain Controllers.
- Experience with staging and imaging computers.
- Understanding of software deployment.
- Knowledge and experience with Computer hardware.
- Knowledge and experience with Networking.
- Experience with staff management.
- Fluent in English.
Required Education & Experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Networking, or related field.
- Experience managing the work of a support team of 5-15 skilled individuals with responsibility for coaching and developing.
- Strong technical background, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills in a professional environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to adapt to an agile work environment and assist the team in adapting to changes.
- ITIL, Six Sigma, Quality Management and Continuous Improvement certifications are a plus but not required.
- One of the following certifications preferred: CompTIA A+ Certification, CompTIA Network+ Certification, CompTIA Security+ Certification, Cisco CCNA Certification, Cisco CCNP Certification
- Long periods of sitting.
- Call Center Noise.
- Medium to heavy phone exposure.
- Repetitive Typing.
- Limited travel up to 10% to assist Field Technicians when needed.
- Direct responsibility for Support Engineers, Warehouse Manager, IT Staff and Field Technicians.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.