2021 C-Store Technology Guide: Everything You Need to Know to Operate a Modern Convenience Store
2020 brought about many changes in the use of technology for retail stores — and your c-store or gas station business is no exception. So now, you may be looking at the need to implement new technology for convenience stores faster than anticipated to remain competitive. But where do you start, especially if you don’t consider yourself tech-savvy?
What to do: Learn as much as you can about the different types of technology available in retail stores, what new technology to consider for your convenience store or gas station, and which solutions will positively impact your operation. Whether you’re managing a c-store or gas station, you need solutions to help streamline workflows, centralize data collection for analysis, and meet changing customer needs and expectations to improve your bottom line.
New Technology for Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
The following will help you stay in line with convenience store technology trends as you look to operate a modern convenience store or gas station at maximum profit levels:
- Back-Office Solution. Considered the hub of your entire business, this is where you centralize the administration of your operation — manage your price book, automate workflows, reconcile cash, verify sales, manage inventory, track employee tasks, and collect purchase data. And some cloud-based back-office solutions offer mobile access, so you don’t have to be onsite to manage your c-store effectively.
- Point of Sale (POS) System. Integrates with your back-office software to handle all retail and made-to-order foodservice and fuel sales, helping you reduce risk, increase sales, and keep your inventory under control.
- Business Analytics and Loss Prevention Programs. Comprehensive business analytics software aimed specifically at loss prevention gives you better visibility into the internal and external theft sources at your c-store, helping you mitigate losses.
- Food Service Software. Restaurant-specific software allows you to streamline the food ordering process with self-serve kiosks or online ordering to help you increase and diversify your c-store’s revenue stream.
Benefits of an Integrated Technology at a Modern Convenience Store or Gas Station
You can manage your day-to-day business more efficiently and improve profit margins with the right technology for retail stores. But when you integrate technological solutions at your c-store or gas station, you can:
- Centralize your administration to make better business decisions.
- Manage cash flow to forecast cash requirements accurately.
- Automate workflows to gain more control over cash, pricing, ordering, revenue costs, and margins to boost profit and save on labor costs.
- Manage your operation remotely using mobile technology to track sales, GPM, and inventory by store location or category.
- Monitor inventory more effectively to reduce shrinkage and spoilage.
- Optimize sales through the appropriate placement of popular and promotional items.
Developing a Modern Convenience Store or Gas Station Starts By Answering the Right Questions
Before you take advantage of any new technology for convenience stores or gas stations, be sure to get answers to the following questions:
- Is the technology cloud-based?
- Does the technology have mobile capabilities?
- Are there multiple integration points?
- How quickly can you implement the technology?
- Do you have access to training and ongoing support?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’re ready to put the best new technology for your convenience store or gas station to work. Not only will you provide a more modern convenience store or gas station for your customers, but you’ll immediately see a positive impact on your bottom line.
Download Building a Profitable Retail Ecosystem for Your Fuel and C-store now to learn more about how to incorporate new technology for convenience stores and gas stations into your business.
Are you ready to boost your profit and streamline operations? Find out more about our back-office solution, CStoreOffice®, and other new technology for convenience stores and gas stations available through Petrosoft.
Get a FREE demo today, CStoreOffice® – Convenience store and Retail Back-Office Software